West Los Angeles’ Cheviot Hills neighborhood is a fusion of several residential tracts that were developed beginning in the early-1920s. First came Country Club Highlands (1923), Cheviot Hills (1924), and Monte-Mar Vista (1926). These three tracts retained their separate identities until at least the late 1930s. In 1939 a fourth tract was added to the south: Cheviot Knolls. The California Country Club Estates tract was built beginning in about 1952, followed by the final nearly two-dozen homes on the east in around 1968.
Named for its natural rolling knolls that are similar to the Cheviot Hills which separate England and Scotland, its proximity to country clubs and movie studios makes it one of the finest residential districts between Los Angeles and the sea.
Cheviot Hills services the following zip codes: 90034, 90064